- 1 ¼ cup of Medfoods Self-raising Flour
- ½ cup of Medfoods Caster Sugar
- Medfoods Plain Flour, to dust
- 1/3 cup of Medfoods Fig or Apricot Jam
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence
- 125g of Softened Butter
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 180.C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric beater, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a medium bowl until pale and creamy. Add in egg and beat until combined.
- Sift flour over mixture and stir well until combined.
- Light flour your hands and roll teaspoonful of mixture into ball. Place them on prepared trays, leaving room for them to expand in the oven. Make an indentation with finger in the centre of each ball and spoon ½ teaspoon of jam into the centre of each ball.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, until biscuits are cooked through and lightly golden.
- Set aside on trays for 30 minutes to cool completely.
Teta suggests adding in almonds and/or sultanas to the mixture for extra tasty biscuits.